5 Things Mentally Healthy People Do.
- Don’t get distracted by things they can’t control. Perfectionism and trying to control outcomes or other people’s behaviour leads to disappointment & anxiety.
- Set boundaries and know when to say ‘no’. Many stresses come from being a people pleaser or putting someone else’s agenda ahead of your own needs.
- Understand the importance of exercise, good nutrition and sleep. They don’t use alcohol as a way of coping with stress.
- Pay attention to the present moment. This includes thoughts, emotions, and how they’re feeling in their body. The easiest way to practice this is connecting with your breath.
- Disconnect from technology. I’ve left this until last but for me this is a key part of mental health. It takes willpower and feels strange but soon you will notice the relaxed feeling of not always being available/ online.